Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One days perfect....then the next it crashes to your feet....

Life is an unpredictable thing....one minute your life is swinging along happily in the right direction, the next, you're stopped in your tracks. Its something that makes you rethink you're whole life, your family and your friends. Two days ago, Paula 'Pants' Morey passed away from breast cancer - she leaves behind her beautiful family. We will miss her lots. Who'll send me dirty, jokey emails now to cheer up my day when I'm feeling low? Who'll be there on the end of the telephone to offer advice and support when I'm 'all confused' (which face it is frequently)! Today has been an odd day of reflection, thinking about whats important in my life and my families life - our friends, our families. It suddenly occured to me that, we have amazing friends that live less than 10 mins drive away, yet the only time we 'really' see them is when we bump into them in Coles or BigW! Have our lives got that busy that we have no time for each other? I reguarly got emails from Paula, they suddenly stopped a few weeks ago, it never occured to me that something could be terribly wrong, I never thought to pick up the telephone and ask how she was doing. These are things I'll regret for a lifetime.

So, today is the day we start making time for each other, being there in person to hug our friends, chat over a latte and have some fun (paddle surfing with Mel and Carly here we come)! There has got to be more to life than work,work,work,washing and ironing (honestly you should see our laundry at the mo) - actually, no don't go in there, you'll never get out unless you have a degree in mountaineering)!

Friendships have obviously been on everyone's minds this week as today I received a gorgeous card from my friend Stacey in the UK - thank you for your gorgeous letter, and after having a complete meltdown following the weekend, a huge thank you to Susie for bringing me her first pink rose from her garden (I do feel special) and to Brooke's Mum, Lindy for the fabulous bag - I appreciate all of these things more than you realise X

So to Paula, God Bless honey, our thoughts and prayers are with your family XXXX

4 comments:

Mummy McTavish said...

I've been thinking abou this stuff too lately. Praying for you and also for your friends family.

Funky Photography said...

Thanks MM! Its crap when it takes something like this to made you re evaluate everything. Maybe its what I needed as I feel I've neglected everyone lately X

Tiffany said...

Sorry you've lost a good friend, and I'm sorry for everyone whose lives she touched, it sounds like she will truly be missed....
Big hugs, Tiff

Annabel said...

I didn't even know Paula was ill, Annie. She never said anything to me and we carried on chatting like nothing was happening. :(
She was far too young and life sucks.

But you're right... live for the now and bugger the laundry.

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop